Dear Patients, July 26, 2020
As we enter into August, our office is happy to say that we have successfully rescheduled 75% of the patients we had to cancel during our Covid shutdown. We want to thank you not only for your patience as we have worked to get everyone rescheduled, but also for the patients we have seen that have respected and complied with our ongoing protocols. We know that it is challenging and takes some extra time, but having our patients feel safe and comfortable enough to resume dental treatment and their oral health care is very important to us. We are also happy to report that we have had no Covid cases amongst our staff or patients since reopening June 1st to date. With that said, we wanted to touch on our up to date protocols. These will remain for the time being.
- We will continue to ask that patients call us from the parking lot when they arrive for their appointment and wait in their car until we call or text you that we are ready for you.
- Our entrance will remain at our side door, we have signs posted outside. Exiting will continue through the front door to limit patient contact and promote social distancing as much as possible. We ask that you bring a mask to wear upon entering and exiting the building.
- Upon entering, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer. We will ask you some Covid related questions and take your temperature. After this brief screening process you will proceed to the treatment room.
- Since our first letter we have put air purifying cleaners in each operatory that are continuously running. We have also installed a special LED Air Purification system on our furnace that kills viruses, mold and bacteria.
- Our entire staff will still be required to wear masks and shields at any time we are in contact with patients. And as always, our cleaning and sterilization process remains strict.
- We will ask you to rinse with an ADA approved and recommended oral rinse before your treatment.
- In our first letter we stated that we were charging a $20 Covid fee for PPE. Due to a grant we received just before opening June 1st, we have waved that fee and never charged anyone.
Our entire staff is screened daily as well upon entering with the same guidelines as patients. Thank you for your trust in us as we manage through these crazy times. Your health and well-being are always of most importance to us. If you are still unscheduled and in need of an appointment please call our office so we can get you in as soon as possible. 248-656-2700
The Kosnic and Murphy Dental Team